Metal casting is a three-week course designed to develop a Metalcasting Technician capable of taking molten liquid metal and pouring it into molds to form shapes that are then ground and polished before being finished. They work with all types of metals and different molds to make parts for machines and equipment.
Students will learn:
- Importance of metalcasting in the modern manufacturing industry
- Properties of metals
- All about pattern design and making
- Molding sand and mold making
- Metal preparation and melting
- How to operate a furnace to melt metal for casting
- Finishing methods
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
regarding start times for this three-week program.