Friday, December 04, 2015
THADDEUS STEVENS FOOTBALL PLAYERS TOP SEABOARD CONFERENCE 2015 ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
Players Take Top Honors in the Conference
LANCASTER, PA – The Thaddeus Stevens College Football Team was honored Thursday when the Seaboard Conference recognized many of the 2015 players with top honors.
A complete listing of the players honored include:
League Co-MVP: Andy Breault (QB) – Elizabethtown, PA
Defensive Co-MVP Ken Cropper (LB) - Elkins Park, PA
All Purpose MVP Joshua Lee (WR) – Willow Grove, PA
Offensive Team – 1st Team:
- Quarterback - Andy Breault (QB) – Elizabethtown, PA (second year named)
- Running Back - Jalen Williams (RB) – Harrisburg, PA
- Offensive Line - Tyshawn Anderson (OL) – Harrisburg, PA (second year named)
- Offensive Line - Davon Cobb (OL) – Chester, PA (second year named)
- Wide Receiver - Joshua Lee (WR) – Willow Grove, PA
- Wide Receiver - Kendall-Shaveiz Stewart – Jenkintown, PA
- Kicker - Stuart Anderson (K) – Lancaster, PA
Defensive Team – 1st Team
- Defensive Line - Andrew-James Sieber (DL) – Dingmans Ferry, PA
- Defensive Line - Trei Gilcrist (DL) – Harrisburg, PA
- Linebacker - Ken Cropper (LB) – Elkins Park, PA
- Linebacker - Michael Ockimey (LB) – Philadelphia, PA
- Defensive Back - Isaiah Ray (DB) – York, PA (second year named)
- Defensive Back - William Johnson (DB) – Vandergrift, PA
Offensive Team – 2nd Team:
- Offensive Line - Chris Yurista (OL) – Lancaster, PA
- Wide Receiver - Michael Ruley-Smoluk – Swathmore, PA (second year named)
- Wide Receiver - Karif Hakim – Pottstown, PA
Defensive Team – 2nd Team:
- Defensive Line - Geordan Barr (DL) – Annville, PA
- Defensive Back - Evan Pollock (DB) – Reading, PA
- Defensive Back - Tyler DeArmitt (DB) – Berlin, PA
- Punter - Michael Bubeck (P) – Schuylkill Haven, PA
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology finished the 2015 with a total record of 7-2. The team fell to Valley Forge Military College at home during the Seaboard Conference Championship.
The Seaboard Conference Athletic Association is dedicated to promote the athletic programs of all small colleges in the Northeast Region of the United States, which have state, regional and/or national accreditation. The primary goal of the association is to develop equitable opportunities for intercollegiate athletic competition for the student athletes of its member schools.
Thaddeus Stevens College maintains an athletic program of five major intercollegiate sports. They are football, cross-country, basketball, wrestling, and track and field. Contests are scheduled against college and university junior varsity teams and junior and community colleges in the mid Atlantic states. The cross-country, wrestling, and track and field programs are presently affiliated with the National Junior College Athletic Association. These affiliations allow Stevens’ athletes to compete in regional and national competition when qualifying standards are met. The basketball team is member in the Eastern Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference and the football squad in the Seaboard Conference.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a premier residential, two-year, fully accredited technical college that provides a free education to financially disadvantaged citizens of Pennsylvania as well as serving tuition paying students. Stevens has expanded from its original student body of 15 to nearly 1000 students who are enrolled in 21 high-skill, high-wage technical programs. Over 90% of the College’s graduates have remained in the Commonwealth since it’s founding in 1905. Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is Pennsylvania's only state-owned, two-year college of technology.
For three consecutive years, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology was recognized by the Aspen Institute, an independent research panel, as one of the top 120 two-year colleges in the country. Thaddeus Stevens College was the only college in Pennsylvania recognized by the Aspen Institute.